Touchdown for Super Bowl Auto Ads? [2014 Edition]
The 2014 Super Bowl has come and gone but hopefully for advertisers the commercials made a lasting impression. Certainly there’s enough ancillary coverage of the ads through the general media rating the ads as well as pre- and post-game exposure in social media. And of course, running ads in the Super Bowl is a notch on the gun for marketing executives and agencies.
- Biggest Auto Impacts During the Big Game >>
- 2014 Super Bowl Top-Line Analysis (Jan 19th – Feb 7th) >>
- Automotive 2013: Mixed Market Messages >>
- 17 Million Auto Sales in 2014? Yes, it’s Possible! >>
Bitcoin: The Future of Currency or Speculative Bubble?
In the past couple of months, Bitcoin has become a buzzword that’s popping up everywhere. It’s appeared in countless news articles, in social media, and even the US Senate is talking about it. So what exactly is Bitcoin, and why does it matter?
- Sunday Series: Business & Finance Blogs See Increase in Business >>
- Mobile Banking Today: Highlights from #MCS2013 >>
- 2013 Tax Season: TurboTax Remains King in Procrastination Nation >>
- Sunday Series: Business & Finance Blogs See Green in April >>
JetBlue: Driving Digital Cross-Sells
Airline profitability overall has recovered notably in the past few years. Some of that recovery has come from charging fees for formerly free services. Airlines have also attempted to drive more revenue by capturing a bigger share of consumers’ travel wallets. That can come through selling or facilitating the sale of hotels, rental cars, and complete travel packages.
- Sunday Series: Travel Category Cruises Along >>
- Case Study: Why Engagement Doesn’t Always Equal Higher Sales >>
- Trivago—Early Days of the Big USA Push >>
- Sunday Series: Popular Hotel Chains Among June’s Fast Movers >>
NBC and Sochi 2014
With the Games taking place 9-12 hours ahead of American time zones, sports fans were increasingly looking to video streaming and live updates to stay in the loop. NBC recognized the need and expanded Olympic coverage, providing multiple opportunities for fans to keep up with all the Sochi action (this meant apps, live streaming sites, television coverage, etc).
- Mobile Traffic of the Internet’s Top Social Media Sites >>
- How to Maximize Ad Efficiency by Reaching Your Exact Target Demographic >>
- Study Shows that Consumers Punish Brands for Poor Twitter Response Time >>
- Providing “Not Provided” – How You Can Still See Search Referral Data >>
Facebook Research | How We Shopped: Holiday 2013
Check out this study conducted by Facebook and Millward Brown Digital on how shoppers utilized Facebook during their 2013 holiday shopping!
- Mobile vs Desktop: Comparing the Traffic of 3 Major Retailers >>
- Online Shoppers Favor PS4 by 3:2 — And They’re Going to Walmart.com to Buy it >>
- Holiday Gift Card Demand 2012 – 2013 >>
- 20+ Black Friday & Cyber Monday Facts That You Need to Know >>
Get Your Tech On: Millward Brown Digital’s CES 2014 Highlights
In the digital world, we’ve learned to start off the new year with a bang — more specifically, with the annual Consumer Electronics Show! The tradeshow has been revealing the latest in all things tech for 40 years, and its Vegas location doesn’t quiet down the excitement any.
This year, we sat down with our Millward Brown Digital attendees to get a closer look at what’s new in the field, and what these innovations mean for digital marketing.