This quick tip will overview Compete PRO’s Keyword Table. The Compete PRO interface offers definitions and supplemental context that are accessible by clicking on the question marks next to each term.
- Keyword – is the phrase or term an actual user entered and searched for on one of the five major search engines.
- Search Referrals Share – is the share of total search traffic (90 day moving average) generated to this destination website (amazon.com) by a specific keyword. This share is generated on a daily basis vs. the 90 day moving average of total search referral traffic for the site.
- Paid Share – is the breakdown of search referral share generated by clicks on paid search links or paid advertisements.
- Natural Share – is the breakdown of search referral share generated by natural click-throughs.
- Average Time Index – is indexed to 100, with 100 representing the term that resulted in the most average time per visit being spent on the site. Use this information assess the power of certain keywords in engaging customers on site. In short, the Average Time Index can be used to understand the ‘stickiness’ factor of a keyword.
- Total Time Index – is indexed to 100, with 100 representing the term that resulted in the most total time spent on the site for all visits. This metric can be used as a basic measure of keyword popularity and when used against the Average Time Index you can tell which keywords are popular versus engaging (if not both).
Remember to use the filters to the left of the table to make large sets of keywords more digestible. If you have any other questions around Compete PRO’s Search Analytics Reports, feel free to contact us.
Lindsey Mark works in Client Relations at Compete and is responsible for the strategic development of client retention and support policies for compete.com, with a focus on education and training efforts. She graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, NY so she's a certified technology junkie and open source advocate. When she's not thinking about marketing or training digital 007's at compete, she's doing yoga & blogging about gluten-free diet and lifestyle. Find Lindsey on Twitter as @linji, Google Plus as Lindsey Mark or connect with her via LinkedIn.