As digital marketers, our new frontier is mobile and mobile marketing. Two weeks ago, the Mobile Marketing Association hosted its annual NY forum with the theme “Mobile’s Role in Closing the Loop Along the Path to Purchase.”
We identified three discussion points from the forum and some fresh new statistics to highlight the role of mobile use in the consumer path to purchase. All sources are from #mmaf2013.
Pervasiveness of mobile:
- 91% of smartphone users have their phone within reach 24/7
- Americans spend 119 minutes a day on mobile devices
- We check our phones every 6.5 minutes (150 times daily)
- Mobile-assisted grocery shoppers buy 8% more
- Home Depot’s sales from mobile are projected to exceed $650M by 2016
- 10% of all Starbucks transactions are now done on a mobile device
- Mobile media spend for digital clients increased 400% from last year
- Mobile marketing will generate $400 billion to US Economy by 2015
For more information, visit the MMA Global Events page.
Tyson Goodridge is a marketing contractor for Compete and advises the team on best practices with product launches, social media, content development and B2B marketing. He’s a happy Dad to two precocious little boys, a (somewhat) obedient husband to his lovely bride, and a lonely NY sports fan living in New England. His passions are putting people and ideas together, reading, entertaining, and good food and wine. You can find him on Vine at Tyson Goodridge, and on Twitter @goodridge.