Another member of the Compete Team has shared his thoughts on the path to purchase. Mike Perlman, our Vice President of Agency and Publisher Solutions, talks about gift buying habits, his short attention span for spending time in a mall and what he’s looking forward to in South Beach at this year’s Digital CMO Summit! In case you missed it, Lincoln Merrihew and Stephen DiMarco previously shared their own answers with us.
This May, Compete will head to Miami, FL to host the tenth annual Digital CMO Summit. The event brings marketing leaders together to explore and discuss the digital forces transforming their businesses. With a mix of formal and informal sessions, it provides an unparalleled opportunity to connect with and learn from top executives in advertising, marketing, and media.
This year’s theme is “Path to Purchase.” We’ll be discussing the consumer’s path: a path that is becoming more complex with increasingly fragmented audiences, shifting consumer behaviors and attitudes (many of them subconscious), and even more connected devices. It’s a chaotic, multifaceted journey for marketers to understand, and we’ll spend two days sharing and discussing key insights with industry peers.
Name: Mike Perlman
Title: VP Agency & Publisher Solutions
1. What’s the most interesting purchase you’ve made in the last 60 days?
The most interesting purchase I made was probably the set of Star Wars books for my son. I didn’t know a four year old could be so obsessed with the Force!
2. Next month you need a birthday gift, when can we expect to see you buying it?
Probably the day beforehand. If I’m really organized, maybe two days prior.
3. If overnight shipping were free, would you order a car online?
Yes. However, I definitely would want to test drive first.
4. How much time is too much time to spend inside a mall?
5. If your company had unlimited funds what’s the first thing you would invest in for 2013?
More people!!! You can never have enough rock stars on the team.
6. Fill in the blank: I blaze my own path by _________.
Charging forward and focusing on a long term vision
7. Do you prefer the direct route or scenic drive?
Usually the direct route. The scenic drive is great, but I like to get to where I need to go as quickly as possible while minimizing the risk of a flat tire.
8. Shopping in South Beach…can’t wait or a perfectly good waste of sunshine?
I’d rather be on the beach.
9. Give us one parting thought on the current consumer path to purchase.
The path certainly is not linear, as consumers are able to interact with brands in new ways that didn’t even exist five years ago.
Clayelle Wolf is a Marketing Consultant at Compete, focused on special projects concerning the complex and ever-evolving consumer path to purchase. Before joining the team, she worked in the advertising space. She lives in Boston and enjoys exploring all the city has to offer. Connect with Clayelle on LinkedIn.