The recent share trends between the two largest search engines continued this month.
- Google’s share declined by 0.2ppts from June to July, while Bing picked up that share.
- Both Yahoo!’s and AOL’s share remained flat M-O-M.
- Google Powered now represents 66% of the market and Bing Powered has over a third of the US web search market at 34%.
- When looking at Y-O-Y query volumes, Google’s core search query volume declined 11.7% while Bing’s core search query volume increased 25.6%.
- With the 31 days in July and despite the holiday, total search volume across the engines increased 3.9% from June to July.
To learn more about Compete’s point of view on the competitive search space, specifically Search Engine Results Pages, click to download our free report, ‘Seeing Between the Lines…of the Search and the Click’.