February 2012 US Search Market Share Report
Even with leap day, overall search activity declined nearly 7% across all the engines.
- The overall picture and trends remain the same – Google Powered engines (Google and AOL) decreased slightly in their market share; while the Bing Powered engines (Bing and Yahoo!) picked up the 0.7ppt’s share the Google Powered engines lost.
- Google Powered now represents 68.8% of the market and Bing Powered has 33.2% of the market.
- Bing experienced the biggest share increase of 0.6ppt’s to now represent 17.6% of the US search market.
- Both AOL and Yahoo! witnessed its first share gain in months, each increasing its share by 0.1ppt’s.
- The overall search market – as defined by these 4 engines – saw an -6.9% M-O-M decrease of total search query activity from January 2011.