Both Bing and Yahoo gained market share this month, while Google’s share declined.
- The overall picture and trends remain the same – Google Powered engines (Google and AOL) continue to slowly lose traction monthly; while the Bing Powered engines (Bing and Yahoo!) continue to gain momentum. Google Powered share declined 1.2ppt, while Bing Powered increased its share by those 1.2pppt’s.
- Google Powered now represents 68.3% of the market and Bing Powered has 32.5% of the market.
- Bing experienced the biggest share increase of 0.7ppt’s to now represent 17% of the US search market.
- Yahoo! witnessed its first share gain in 4 months, currently owns 15.5% of the market.
- Google experienced a decline, and now accounts for 66.7% of the market.
- AOL’s share remained flat.
- The overall search market – as defined by these 4 engines – saw an 4.9% M-O-M increase of total search query activity from December 2011.