We released some exciting new features on compete.com yesterday. Not only did we roll out new capabilities for our Compete PRO members, we also improved the experience of the freely available version of Compete data. The goal is to provide you with an interface that clearly highlights those insights and makes them easy to view and comprehend.
The image shown above is an example of a Site Analytics report for weather.com. There are six main components that make up the Site Analytics interface. The numbers below correspond to the numbers highlighted on the above screen capture.
- Compete Unique Visitor Metrics: Each Site Analytics report contains three types of Unique Visitor (UV) metrics. First, there is the UV Volume and Rank for the current month (in this case – May). Second, we provide a month-over-month and year-over-year growth for both the UV Volume and Rank. And third, in the box on the right, there is a 13 month trended view for Unique Visitor volume.
- Competitive Rank: This benchmarks where the researched site, in this case weather.com, ranks among sites similar to weather.com. For reference and understanding of magnitude, the current month’s Unique Visitor volumes for each site are also displayed.
- Site Description: Here is where you can find a brief overview about the site you are researching, including company location and business overview.
- Follow This Site: With this release, you can now choose to follow up to 10 of your favorite or most researched sites; When new data is released each month, you will receive an email highlighting the updated data for your favorite sites.
- Social Sharing: Do you find this data interesting? If so, chances are your friends and colleagues will too. These links make it easy to share the data you are finding on compete.com to your social networks with support for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and email.
- Export: Want to use the data you have found in a presentation or report? You can easily save the data via CSV or export an image of the 13–month trended Unique Visitor graph with the click of a mouse.
We hope you find the new experience a good one – we’re looking forward to hearing your comments on the new design and functionality. Make sure you also check out the new tools we had in store for the Compete Pro users. Happy researching!