Today marks the launch of the new compete.com and Compete PRO experience. Our goal was to develop a simplified and more focused product that would better help you perform your daily tasks. That’s why we made these enhancements after talking to you, our users, and truly understanding how and why you use Compete PRO. There’s nothing that we care more about than enabling you to be successful in your business/role.
To that end we have centralized all of the site, category and keyword reports into one page, created a dashboard area for saving sites and groups, improved our help section, and moved Compete PRO into an application-focused client area. Let’s check it out!
The image shown above is the new Compete PRO dashboard. The dashboard is your new home base for monthly insights into the sites you research most frequently. This page serves as the starting point for competitive intelligence research and a portfolio structure for PRO members to save frequently researched sites and groups of sites. The numbers below correspond to the numbers highlighted on the above screen capture.
- Home Tab: Tired of recreating the same reports every time you log in to compete.com? No more! As a PRO member you can now save and view your frequently researched sites and benchmarks and get a high level overview of the data changes for the current month. You’ll also see a list of your recently researched sites so you can get back to your recent research quickly.
- Profiles Tab: Here’s where you go to do a deep dive analysis into a particular website. When you click on this tab and enter a domain or sub domain, you will get a summary of performance including traffic and engagement metrics, keywords driving traffic to the site, and Incoming and Outgoing traffic sources to help you understand upstream and downstream browsing behavior. On this tab you can find tools to research specific Categories and Keyword performance.
- Compare Tab: Once you understand the performance of a particular site, you probably want to see how that performance stacks up. On this tab you can benchmark up to five sites and get a summary of the performance from metrics, keywords, and incoming and outgoing traffic sources.
- Saved Sites: Start building your portfolio! If you have a list of sites that you are monitoring on an ongoing basis, you can get set up to receive a high level overview of the monthly data as it is updated and customize which metrics you want to see for your Saved Sites – simply click on the site name to see the detailed profile for the site of interest.
- Saved Groups: Are you working on a specific project or always want to see a group of sites in one view? Here is where you can bucket together a group of sites that you are monitoring on an ongoing basis, get a high level overview of the monthly data as it is updated and customize which metrics you want to see for those Saved Groups – just click on the group name to see the detailed benchmark .
- Recent Sites: A list of your 10 recently researched sites will help you pick up where you left off last time you logged into compete.com. This is helpful if you may have forgotten to save a site previously but want quick access back to that information.
The image shown above is an example of a Site Profile report for weather.com. There are nine main components that make up the Site Profile interface. The numbers below correspond to the numbers highlighted on the above screen capture.
- Site Summary: Here is where you can find a detailed view of the researched sites performance with monthly and daily metrics as well as 25 months of trended monthly data. Want to use the data you have found in a presentation or report? You can easily save the data via .csv or export an image of the graph with the click of a mouse.
- Subdomains: A comprehensive listing of the top subdomains for the site that you are researching.
- Search Referrals: Do you want to understand what keywords are driving search traffic to this site? Click here to find a list of traffic driving keywords for the researched site. You can also filter that list down to uncover deeper insights into which keywords are giving the most traffic.
- Traffic Dashboard: This tab provides a visual overview of the incoming traffic for a researched site, showing the top channels and categories where a site is getting its traffic from. From this view you can understand if visitors are coming to the site directly, through social network links, via search, etc.
- Incoming Traffic: A detailed listing of the sites visited before visiting the researched site; Again, you can filter that list down to uncover deeper insights into top incoming sites and get a deeper understanding of upstream traffic.
- Outgoing Traffic: A detailed listing of the sites visited after leaving the researched site; If you filter that list down you can uncover deeper insights into top outgoing sites and understand better where visitors go after they leave a site.
- Save This Site: While researching, this button helps you quickly save sites to your Saved Sites list so that you can monitor those sites on an ongoing basis.
- Add to Saved Group: Want to save a site to an already created group? Click here to add sites to your Saved Groups list so that you can quickly and easily benchmark these sites on an ongoing basis.
- Compare: While researching a particular site, you can quickly pull up the compare functionality so you can put the performance of that site against other sites to benchmark its performance.
Well, that should be enough to get you started. The team at compete.com hopes you find the new Compete PRO experience a good one and we are looking forward to hearing your comments on the new design and functionality. Happy researching!