Websites that compete aggressively in search analytics could benefit from a better understanding of how they compare to their competitors on a paid versus natural search volume. When you do a search analytics domain comparison report, you can quickly and easily see the charted difference in volume of search referrals between two domains. Additionally, you can use our handy drop-down to compare paid search referrals. These visuals can easily be exported via png or csv for use in presentations and other reports.
Follow the steps below to alter the chart for your use.
- Choose Total Search Referrals or Paid Search Referrals to update the graph.
- Save the graph image, export the data to csv, or link to the graph to share this with another PRO user.
Here is a quick refresher on how to run this report.
- Click on Analytics Tools.
- Select Search Analytics.
- Navigate to the Compare on the right side under Search Referrals.
- Type in two domains you’d like to compare the search activity: e.g. compete.com vs amazon.com.
- Hit Go!
Lindsey Mark works in Client Relations at Compete and is responsible for the strategic development of client retention and support policies for compete.com, with a focus on education and training efforts. She graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, NY so she's a certified technology junkie and open source advocate. When she's not thinking about marketing or training digital 007's at compete, she's doing yoga & blogging about gluten-free diet and lifestyle. Find Lindsey on Twitter as @linji, Google Plus as Lindsey Mark or connect with her via LinkedIn.