Compete has organized a number of pre-configured Traffic Insights to help you identify sources of traffic growth and decline by performance and domain categorization.
- Top Growing Sites – A list of the top growth domains, or domains with the largest percent growth month over month.
- Top Declining Sites – A list of the top declining domains, or domains with the largest percent decline in referrals month over month.
- Long Tail Referrers – All top referrers that make up the bottom 60% of Monthly Referral Share.
- Social Referrers – All top referrers categorized under Social Networking, examples of domains include facebook.com or twitter.com.
- Portal/Search Referrers – All top referrers categorized under Portal/Search domains (see examples below).
- Referral Metrics List – This section will show you the top 10 sites under the selected filter with their corresponding Referrals Metrics and the percentage increase or decrease for the prior month.
- See All (Portals/Search) Referrers > – This link updates depending on what Referral Insight you’re filtering on (options 1-5) and will take you to the Traffic Details tab to show you all the results for this report.
- Go to Traffic Detail > – This link takes you to the traffic details tab and groups the referrals by Grouped Referring Sites, which can allow you to see the activity on larger sub-domains such as maps.google.com or mail.yahoo.com for example.