Compete PRO Advanced has organized a number of pre-configured Traffic Insights to help you identify sources of traffic growth and decline by performance and domain categorization from within our Referral Analytics tool.
- Top Growing Sites – A list of the top growth domains, or domains with the largest percent growth month over month.
- Top Declining Sites – A list of the top declining domains, or domains with the largest percent decline in referrals month over month.
- Long Tail Referrers – All top referrers that make up the bottom 60% of Monthly Referral Share.
- Social Referrers – All top referrers categorized under Social Networking, examples of domains include facebook.com or twitter.com.
- Portal/Search Referrers – All top referrers categorized under Portal/Search domains (see examples below).
- Referral Metrics List – This section will show you the top 10 sites under the selected filter with their corresponding Referrals Metrics and the percentage increase or decrease for the prior month.
- See All (Portals/Search) Referrers > – This link updates depending on what Referral Insight you’re filtering on (options 1-5) and will take you to the Traffic Details tab to show you all the results for this report.
- Go to Traffic Detail – This link takes you to the traffic details tab and groups the referrals by Grouped Referring Sites, which can allow you to see the activity on larger sub-domains such as maps.google.com or mail.yahoo.com for example.
Lindsey Mark works in Client Relations at Compete and is responsible for the strategic development of client retention and support policies for compete.com, with a focus on education and training efforts. She graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, NY so she's a certified technology junkie and open source advocate. When she's not thinking about marketing or training digital 007's at compete, she's doing yoga & blogging about gluten-free diet and lifestyle. Find Lindsey on Twitter as @linji, Google Plus as Lindsey Mark or connect with her via LinkedIn.