Apple CEO Steve Jobs is famous for saying “…on the desktop search is where it’s at; that’s where the money is. But on a mobile device search hasn’t happened. Search is not where it’s at, people are not searching on a mobile device like they do on the desktop.” Oh really? There are currently more than 200,000 apps for the iPhone and 100,000 and growing for Google’s Android – and many are built around search. This session looks at popular search apps on different devices, how they gather data and the new, away from the desktop opportunities they offer to marketers.
Danielle Nohe will present on how mobile apps are changing how consumers access information on local stores, dinner reservations, movie times, and maps/gps information.
During this presentation, you’ll gain insights on:
- How Compete’s products help marketers increase online and offline marketing effectiveness based on online behaviors and survey responses from millions of consumers
- How often smartphone users access information from their phones for information
- How consumers use apps vs web browsers on their phones
- How often consumers visit app stores and frequency of downloads
- Information on QR codes, mobile advertising, affect consumer behavior
See the slides from the presentation below:
As the Online Marketing Specialist at Compete, Karen Costa specializes in the day-to-day online marketing functions for Compete.com-paid search, email marketing, social media, affiliate, etc. Before Karen joined the Compete team she was an online marketing coordinator for Bliss Spa and then worked for a couple of start ups. Karen says, "I'm not sure what I want to be when I grow up!" Find Karen on Twitter as vanillabean45 or connect with her on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/in/karencosta