What sort of changes did the New Year bring? Using Compete PRO Site Analytics and Ranked List tools, we drilled down to find the sites that showed the fastest growth month over month. Sites related to taxes, the inauguration, and weight loss all showed growth in January.
Some additional nuggets:
- Pepsi’s big splash: Rebranding one of the world’s biggest products is no small challenge, but Pepsi seems to have gotten off on the right foot by driving traffic to refresheverything.com. Visits to the site topped 898,000 in January, and specific ads around inauguration and the Super Bowl successfully resulted in driving traffic to the site (See PRO Daily Reach metrics below)
More interesting information:
- Inauguration Fever: Lots of Americans were clearly excited about a historic event, resulting in surging traffic to inauguratlcolletibles.com (622,000 visits), gigapan.org (730,000 visits), and obamaclock.org (1.18 Million visits). With an estimated 2 Million Americans actually attending the inauguration ceremony in DC, Washington tourism sites like Washington.org and dc.gov also showed significant gains, while the President elect’s sleek new whitehouse.gov site rose in the ranks.
- Pound-shedding promises for 2009: A New Year of course brings with it some resolutions. Weight loss sites surged in January – top movers included joybauer.com (1.58M visits), Slim-Fast.com (630,000), and affiliate sites nichollesweightloss.com (1.49M), helensdiet.com(584,000), and mariasdietblog.com (2.36 M).
- Sign of the Times: Job seekers hammered away online in January – some fast movers in the category included career-finder.org (495,000 visits), localjobsavailable.net (802,000) and employment-service.org (649,000).
- Desperate for cash — get your refund early!: Perhaps another sign of the times, tax sites heated up in January, with the most growth coming from freetaxusa.com (1.3M visits), taxactonline.com (12.5M) and turbotax.com (8.7M).
Find out how a new month of traffic has impacted site traffic, Search, and the overall internet landscape in your industry with all of Compete PRO’s powerful tools.
Please email email@example.com@compete.com or give us a call at 617-933-5600 with any questions