See I told you we wouldn’t stop! As it turns out people are paying attention to this search share stuff. On Monday we released our May Search Share numbers. As a result of some conversations we were having with Danny Sullivan in parallel we sent over our "rules" we use to mine the search data. Danny threw these up on his post reviewing our data and one savvy reader very quickly identified an issue with our rules. So, long story short, we have fixed our Yahoo! rules (and also reevaluated all the other engine rules in the process). Here’s the updated data based on adjusted rules.
The bottom line is that we now have Yahoo! share between 18.5% and 19% depending on your personal opinion of Club Live search queries.
What changed "¦ trendwise nothing changed
- Google market share rose to new heights on solid volume gains
- Yahoo! search share held just above 19% after a slide month-over-month.
- Windows Live Search market share declined Â½ ppt or nearly a whole point depending on whether you count Club Live queries "¦ guess you have to take the good with the bad
- Ask dipped slightly but managed to hold just above the 3% mark on relatively minimal volume declines
- AOL dropped to a new low hovering just above the 1% mark
If you want to get your hands on the actual data in this post and a lot more don’t forget to check out Compete’s Data Hub.