The college football season started last night and looking at all the top 25 rankings inspired us to make a ranking of our own. So in the style of the college football rankings, we present the Top 25 Colleges and Universities Online.
- ITT Tech runs away with the top spot. It’s tough to compete with over 90 campuses nationwide.
- University of Michigan comes in second with a very strong showing, and possibly more importantly, beating out rivals Michigan State and Ohio State.
- Seven states (California, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia) each had two schools included in the top 25. California just missed out on having four schools on the list, with UC Davis and UCLA just outside the top 25.
- The Big Ten is a power conference in football and online with nine schools making the list. The Ivy League has four and the ACC and Pac-10 both have three schools each.
- University of Phoenix’s online centered school comes in at number 36 in the UV ranking, but is way out in front in terms of Attention.
Michigan is starting the school year off strongly with a number two ranking online and we’ll soon see if they can live up to their number five ranking in the football polls.